Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I secretly gloat every time someone comments on my marvelous Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe because I suck at everything else in the kitchen. So here is the recipe along with a step by step video on my son making it!
- When you see your bananas almost at a state of like “ew, should I throw them out?”. That would be a good time to use them for this.
- Use 3 bananas only. Don’t use 2 like hubby did because he wanted to prove a point that one doesn’t have to follow recipes. His version turned out like something that was brewing in buddy’s diapers.
- Use really really really RIPE Bananas as stated in the first point. Don’t use fresh bought bananas.
- 2 cups of Flour (or Gluten Free Flour) (Sifted is better)
- 3 tsp of Xanthan Gum (only if you are doing Gluten Free version, otherwise omit this!)
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder (or Gluten Free Baking Powder)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Baking Soda (or Gluten Free Baking Soda)
- 1/2 a cup of Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Bananas (Really Ripe is a must!)
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips (optional)
They don’t have to go in any particular order. Beat the living daylights out of all the ingredients until it’s a mush.
LOAF PAN VERSION
350F degree oven for approx 45 min – 1 hour. Put a knife in the middle at the 45 min mark. If it comes out gooey, leave it in, if it comes out clean and dry, shut off the oven and take out to rest. Be sure not to mistake the melted chocolate chips as the gooeyness.
MUFFIN AND MINI MUFFIN VERSION
350F degree oven for approx 25-30 minutes. This recipe will fit both 12 muffin pan + an 18 mini muffin pan (give or take a few slots) which is perfect because you have little and big muffins in the batch. Again, put a knife in the middle of one of the muffins to test for readiness.
Gluten Free version (just replace the regular White Flour with Gluten Free Flour and add about 3 tsp of Xanthan Gum to the ingredients). I found another blog that discusses Xanthan Gum in more detail. With the Gluten Free version, I noticed that it deflates a little, and is more chewy, but still tastes the same otherwise.